Friday, September 24, 2010

Leonard, father, grandfather, farmer and World War II Veteran

In August I had the extreme pleasure of photographing Leonard Roberts, a wonderful gentleman. His son, Kurt, whom I have known for what seems like ever, asked me if I would photograph his dad and capture pieces of the past that Leonard was a part of.

Leonard was in the medical field during World War II, working in Europe and tending to the wounded. He himself was wounded and earned a purple heart for his bravery and strength. I was so honored to be able to spend a few hours in Leonard's home, meet his wife, dog, cat and the spend time on farm. My favorite history topic has always been World War II, so to be able to spend time with an actual soldier was priceless, I thanked him over and over for his courage and service to our amazing country so many years ago.

Here are a few of my favorites, including a few with Kurt, he was a great sport! Enjoy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: