Saturday, June 30, 2012

Evening on the farm

I venture out to my parents house almost every evening to enjoy the peace and solitude that one rarely has while living in town. As I grow older I have an equal love for the city and country, I love the hustle and bustle of my little city and I crave the open fields, orchards and slower pace of life out in the country where I grew up.

One early evening in March I found myself in need of some inspiration, a new personal project to dive into, so I drove out to my parents house and went to the neighbors across the street and talked to the lovely Holly Smith about her beautiful horses and other fun farm animals she had. We got to talking and before I knew it, we were on a tour of her family farm and I had my camera out snapping up every little detail.

I love that when I am looking for inspiration I find it in the ordinary, daily life that we all too often overlook.

That evening was a true representation of my life and heart in that moment, free, calm and open to see the moments in between that are beautiful.

Take a moment to enjoy the moments in between, they happen so quickly, but can be so magical.


No comments: