Friday, September 2, 2011

Anchor Ball 2011-Disneyland Hotel


In May I had one of the coolest opportunities to date in my photography career, photographing an event at the Disneyland Hotel!!  I am a huge fan of all things Disney, love it, love it, love it!  I actually just got off the phone with a dear friend of mine and we're planning a Disney Cruise next year, I absolutely love Disney!

But, I digress.

This event, known as Anchor Ball, is a fundraiser event put together every year for Serra School in Orange County.  The event has a theme every year and this year's theme was "Crusin' America", it featured a tribute to the 50's, the diners of that era, Route 66, American Graffiti and what not. Men arrived in tuxedos and women in gorgeous evening gowns, the night featured a 3-4 course dinner, live music, a comedian and dancing, it was incredible!  The evening began with a silent auction and cocktail hour, with high-end items for all to bid on (ranging from jewelry to electronics to gift baskets and vacations!), it was very neat to view all that was available for bidding in the silent auction.

I mingled through the crowd, meeting parents, staff and V.I.P's during cocktail hour, snapping candids and had a great time.  Later in the evening everyone walked into a gorgeous ballroom for dinner and the live auction, which showcased some of the most amazing items:
               *sushi for 10 in the privacy of your own home 
               *tickets to Disneyland for you and your child and their friends arriving in a limousine for the day
               *movie night to the see Cars 2, dinner and a limo ride
These and many other spectacular items were available during live auction,  I was loving every minute of the event and felt so honored to be able to capture it all!

I wanted to give a very big thank you to Christine Bentley for referring me to the coordinators of the Anchor Ball to be their photographer, it was an incredible opportunity and I am forever grateful to be a part of something so wonderful for children and their education.

Here is a look at my evening from the Anchor Ball:



The tables were decorated so beautifully, on the right on the VIP table and it was located in the center of the ballroom.
Details below of the VIP table, it was stunning!
Dinner, live auction and comedian to get the night off to a great start!  Check out that amazing "Cars" themed cake, it was too cool!

No comments: