Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Logan-Brooks Family

I love family reunions! It's a great time to reconnect, reminisce and enjoy those family members that you haven't seen in a while. I had the opportunity to be a part of a family reunion of sorts and it was too much fun!

At the end of July I received an email from a wonderful lady named Julie, asking me to photograph her family, grandma, cousins and children. It would be a gathering that would include a cousin on leave from Iraq, many great-grandchildren and spouses of grandchildren. I was so excited to be a part of something like this because two of the cousins were sisters who had not seen each other in years! What a special moment to be a part of, so of course I agreed and we set up a date to get together.

We gathered at Knights Ferry for our early morning session on a Saturday in August and it was great! I was so impressed by the legacy this grandmother had created for her family, they were all so loving and fun with each other, it reminded me of my family and how much fun we all have when we're together.

Thank you Julie for being super woman and helping me coordinate a fantastic photo session! Here are a handful of my favorites :)

Photobucket

We photographed each family group, this is Julie and Duane Brooks family! They are all such fantastic people! Julie is one of the grandchildren in the family.
Photobucket

Photobucket
This is the Pulido family, Tina is one of the grandchildren in the family.
Photobucket
Amber is featured on the right with her two children, she is a soldier who was on leave from Iraq and came to California to be a part of the awesome family gathering. She is also one of the grandchildren in the family and sisters with Tina!
Photobucket
The grandchildren are pictured with grandma on the left and all of the great-grandchildren are pictured on the left! What a legacy!
Photobucket
This is Savannah, adorable little redhead and daughter of Amber. We snapped a few pictures of her because she kept avoiding me, but she was so cute I couldn't help but photograph her!
Photobucket

Grandma with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Photobucket
You may recognize the gal on the left, Lisa, was featured in July on my blog for her senior portrait session. Her boyfriend, Josh, is Julie's oldest son, how cute are they?!
On the right side is Anna, an exchange student from Germany who is staying with the Logan-Brooks family for the year.
Photobucket

No comments: